Twitter are in the testing stages of a fresh feature called “undo send,” that will give users a short time to retract a tweet before it is posted.
This announcement came via the official account of Jane Manchun Wong, an app researcher who discovers unannounced social media features by looking at the code of the site.
Jane shared a GIF previewing the feature, where an undo button window appeared for 30 seconds immediately after a tweet was finished, allowing the user to correct any typographical errors or mistake before the post was sent.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Twitter is working on “Undo Send” timer for tweets pic.twitter.com/nS0kuijPK0
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) March 5, 2021
This feature however is different from a traditional edit option which allows a complete overhaul of one’s post any time. Rather the feature will help in reducing the amount of deleted posts due to misspellings.
According to a Twitter Spokesperson via Reuters, the feature will only be available for paid users and is being tested as part of the company’s exploration on how paid subscription will work on the originally 100% free platform. It also stands as one of several premium features which will be trialed over time.
In January 2020, Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey had expressed his company’s stance to “never” include an outright edit option, as it stood as the least of the company’s “priorities.”
The social media platform also reiterated in February 2021, that they were considering subscription services to generate alternative revenues to adverts.
Then last week, Twitter announced the imminent launch of a “super follow” feature, that will allow users charge followers for exclusive contents.
Other “advanced features and tools” expected to be made available to paid members are:
• Custom Colors: In addition to “Night Mode,” you could change the fonts and theme color of Twitter on your phone and computer. Background color, links, mentions, hashtags and icons would appear in whatever color you choose.
• Video Publishing: You could publish videos up to 5x longer than current default, with a much higher maximum resolution (8192×8192)
• Badges: You get a badge(s) on your profile that links to businesses you own or work for (Example: A journalist can have a badge showing the magazines they write for
• Auto responses: Able to write and set a menu of auto responses to use in replies. This would likely be more useful to brands that wanted to redirect customer inquiries to official channels.
• Social listening: You can see conversation around your account on Twitter, including total volume, the people and businesses who are talking most often and what they are saying. This, again, would largely appeal to brands.
• Custom Stickers and hashtags: You could create custom stickers and custom hashtags that include emojis.
• Recruiting: Able to connect, open positions and recruit on Twitter.
• User roles: The ability to give different members of your organisation access that doesn’t involve sharing usernames and passwords. Administrator of the account could control what others have access to do and not to do.
◊SPONSORED ♦◊On April 25th 30th, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on understanding cryptocurrency, crypto trading basics with binance and how to profit and make at least $100 daily from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE