In a football game, when faced in a one-on-one situation with an opponent, it is important that every footballer, no matter the position of play, should know how to dribble their way through. Yet no opponent will give you the time in the world to rummage your repoirtre looking for the best football skill at that time before a tackle comes flying, so a split decision is necessary, so as to ensure that the entire team can continue a quick forward foray.
In this case, we have cited 20 of the best football skills that can be easily learnt by anyone to get past even the toughest of oppositions. If you want to become a better all-round footballer, follow this article.
20 Best Football Skills to Dribble Any Opponent
NB: Right foot in this article is the dominant foot, while the left is the weaker.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Football Skill 1: Change the direction of the ball using the outside of the instep
One of the simplest, yet extraordinary direction-changing technique. This football skill is indeed a very effective way to break through.
- First, the ball is approached to the opponent to a certain proximity, and then suddenly use the outside of the foot to move the ball to the side to complete the dribble.
Football Skill 2: Change the direction of the spike on the inside of the foot
- This looks very similar to the previous football skill, but requires a different technique. The major difference is that this uses the inside of the foot while the other uses the outside of the foot.
Football Skill 3: Step Over and Change Direction
- When dribbling close to the opponent, first use one foot to make a step from inside to the outside to beffudle the opponent.
- Then use the other foot to dial the ball very naturally with the outside of the foot to complete the change.
Football Skill 4: Full Step Over and change direction
- When the ball is close to the opponent, use both feet to continuously complete multiple step overs from the inside to the outside to form a cycling motion.
- When the opponent feels hesitant or there is a gap, use one foot to dial the ball naturally with the outside of the foot to complete the change.
Football Skill 5: Stride the center of gravity and change the direction of the ball
- After approaching the opponent with the ball to within a proper distance, take a sudden big step with your left foot to the front left side with an accompanying shoulder-drop effect.
- The size of the drop and whether you can quickly correct it to the other side is the key to the success of this breakthrough.
- When doing this drop action, make your opponent think that you are about to complete a breakthrough from this side, and then suddenly change direction when the action is half done.
- After causing the opponent to misjudge your move, quickly change the center of gravity and use the outside of the right foot to dial the ball to complete the change of direction breakthrough.
Football Skill 6: Pull the ball and step over
- When approaching the opponent, turn your body sideways and use the back foot to pull the ball to your side.
- Then use the front foot to make a step from the outside to the inside to make the opponent think that your are about to change direction.
- Then complete the turn and accelerate the ball in the opposite direction to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 7: Drag and chop to change direction
- After dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance, keep your right foot at the same angle and height behind the ball, and always keep contact with the ball with the inside of your foot. Now use the left foot to jump to the left side to complete the forward movement.
- When the opponent thinks you want to complete the breakthrough on the left side, make a sudden chop with the right foot to complete the breakthrough from the right side.
Football Skill 8: The Iniesta Tap
This excellent skill used by Iniesta should be familiar to everyone.
- After getting within a close proximity to your opponent, use the inside of your left foot to tap the ball to your right.
- Then make a lateral escape by driving forward.
Football Skill 9: Pull the ball horizontally to change direction
- When dribbling the ball to within a reasonable distance, use the sole of the left foot to pull the ball to the inside of the right foot laterally.
- Then change to the inside of the right foot to move the ball forward and accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 10: Marseille Roundabout
- When dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance, step on the ball with one foot and turn around to complete a 180° turn.
- Use the sole of the other foot to pull the ball back.
- Finally, drive the ball forward and accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 11: Advanced Shoulder Drop
- Before dribbling the ball to within close proximity of your opponent, first use the left foot to make a forward step, tricking the opponent to make a judgment first.
- Then double tap the ball on the inner side of the left and right foot to complete the direction change of the move.
- This move is essentially a combination of Football Skill 5 and 8.
Football Skill 12: Pull the ball then step and change the direction of the ball
- First use the sole of your right foot to pull the ball toward the front left of your body.
- Then use your left foot to make a step over from the inside out.
- Follow this with another stepping movement with inward and outward directions.
- Finally, use the outside dial to speed up the breakthrough.
Football Skill 13: V-shaped Dribble
- After dribbling the ball to within the vicinity of the opponent, step on the ball with the sole of the right foot.
- Then first pull the ball back, and then use the inside of your foot to move the ball forward and to the right.
- Finally accelerate the dribble to complete the escape.
Football Skill 14: The double pull
- First, pull the ball behind with your right foot.
- Then push the ball forward with the sole of your foot in the direction of your opponent, while you open up your body.
- When your opponent attempts to tackle, pull the ball back with your other foot, then accelerate to complete the escape.
Football Skill 15: The Ronaldo Chop
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of your opponent, jump forward in the direction in which the ball is rolling.
- Then midair, hit the ball with the inner side of the back foot to change the direction of the ball, thus forming a breakthrough.
Football Skill 16: Pull the ball, knock the ball and change the direction of the spike
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of your opponent, first step on the ball with your right foot and pull it towards you.
- At this time, withdraw the supporting foot [left foot] so as to jump up and use the inside of the foot to move the ball forward again.
- While landing on both feet, use the inside of your right foot to buckle the ball to the left side of your body.
- Finally, accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Tip 17: The Snake
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of the opponent, first use the outside of the foot to move the ball to that side, and suddenly use the inside of the foot to complete the move.
Football Skill 18
- After driving the ball to a reasonable distance from the opponent.
- First move the supporting foot forward to a certain distance, leaving enough space for the ball to pass through the back of the leg.
- Then use the inside of the other foot to push the ball behind the supporting foot.
- After the ball rolls behind your supporting foot, control the ball in a way that it moves onto the tip of your boots, now flick.
- Finally, accelerate the completion of the breakthrough.
Football Skill 19: The rainbow
The rainbow is one of the most extraordinary and flamboyant move in football that can offset multiple opononets at a go.
In real life football, this football skill was popularised at the 2002 World Cup when Turkey’s golden boy, Ilhan used this trick to destroy Roberto Carlos, the world’s strongest left-back at the time
- After dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance from the opponent, place one foot before the line where the ball is rolling, and block the ball with the heel.
- Then use the inner side of the other foot to clamp the ball onto the heel and pull up.
- Release the ball after generating enough power and let the ball pass over the opposing defender in a large parabola.
Football Skill 20: Overhead Flick
- Pull the ball back with the soles of your feet while leaning against your opponent.
- Pick up the ball with the toe of the other foot.
- You can try to pick up the ball in any way you like or are familiar with.
- Finally, use the outside of the outside foot to flick the ball high and over your opponent .
It is pertinent to maintain a proper speed when dribbling and do not forgot to accelerate after completing the dribble.
Also try not to dribble same opponent two or three times on the spot. While this might be showboating and demoralising to your opponent, it will only sap your physical strength.
At the same time, it is best to practice with both left and right feet at the same time during the training, just like the instructor demonstrated in the clips.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.