A former American baseball player, Hack Wilson, once said that ‘ in life, you need many more things besides talent. Things like good advice and common sense.” Most times, your talent is not enough, it needs to be accompanied with good advice before optimum impact can be achieved. One major thing that taking heed to good advice does is that it prevents you from making avoidable mistakes.
People get advised on different subjects ranging from the spiritual to social, political, academic and even career wise. You should continue reading as things a teacher, particularly those Interested in being a great j1 teacher, should know and adhere to will be expounded in subsequent paragraphs.
What are the qualities you should possess to advance your teaching career
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
- Be Keen to acquire more knowledge. You can learn a new skill, register for courses online that are in sync with your area of specialization, attend them and get certified. Remember, learning is a lifelong process. The skills and certifications will make you better positioned to access top offers in your field.
- As a teacher, you should possess networking skills. It is important you build relevant relationships and connections. Your network can determine how successful your teaching career will be.
- Have a team working spirit. Be ready to work in groups. It pays to delegate duties to able hands when necessary.
- A good teacher must be open-minded. You should be able to respect the opinion of others, your students inclusive.
- A good teacher is tolerant. You should have a stable anger control management level.
- A good teacher is responsible. You are to impact positively the lives of students put in your care.
- You should be a computer literate. It is very important you are computer proficient. The world is gradually tilting towards online learning, you wouldn’t want to be left behind. Learn basic MS packages like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- As a potential j1 teacher, it is important you have the necessary educational qualifications needed to teach in a foreign school.
- You should be open to learning the culture and norms of the environment you’re posted to as a j1 teacher. This way, effective communication between you and your students will be made easier.
- Be up-to-date on information and activities going on in the education sector.
What are some of the requirements for a j1 teacher program?
- You must, of course, be a teacher. As a teacher, you should have completed an advanced degree in education. The least qualification is a degree which is equal to a bachelor’s degree in education or the academic field you intend to teach in the US.
- You must be a non- US citizen.
- You must be 18 or above in age.
- You might be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You should be of good character and have a clean criminal record.
- Have at least two years teaching experience.
Are you interested in becoming a j1 teacher? You can contact us for more detailed information on how to become one.__________________________________________________________________________ >COPYRIGHT WARNING!!
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.