Study Law in Canada from Nigeria – Benefits, Top Universities, Fees, Scholarships, Visa, Requirements, How to Apply
Study Law in Canada – Canada offers a veritable opportunity to international students, including Nigerians, who wish to study and bag a law degree in any reputable university abroad.
It is one of the most sought after destinations for international students, on account of the fact that its universities are globally recognized and the quality of its law degrees top-notch.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
In this article, we are going to bring to you all the needed information you need in order to successfully apply for and study law in Canada as an international student from Nigeria. Here in this article, you will get up-to-date information on course requirements, top universities to apply to, fees requirements, scholarship opportunities you can tap into and so much more.
Overview of the Course
Law is one of the most prestigious courses in the university system today, and one most prized by students and parents alike. More so, if you have the opportunity of studying it in a prestigious destination such as Canada. Armed with a law degree, you stand the change of getting a better employment whether in the private or public sector, home and abroad. Not to mention, you could choose to set up your own private practice and start your own chamber. The benefits accruing to earning a law degree is limitless, as it affords you the opportunity to become a professional lawyer and solicitor.
Advantages and Benefits of Studying Law in Canada
Canada offers a wonderful opportunity to international students who wish to study for a law degree abroad. With its globally-ranked universities and high standard of living, it promises a great and exciting prospect for those who wish to study in the country. Here are some of the benefits of studying law in Canada:
- You can easily get a scholarship to study in Canada; this is particularly helpful to Nigerian students who often need financial assistance to complete their education abroad.
- Canada is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with a very high standard of living and excellent infrastructure, making your stay an exciting one.
- Even though the country boasts of one of the highest standards of education, it is comparatively less costly to live and study in Canada than in either the US or UK.
- Canada boasts of a multicultural culture, welcoming to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. It is one culture you will easily fit in.
- Canada has one of the highest employment rates in the developed world, making it quite easy for you to gain employment once you finish you studies and decide to remain in the country.
- Canada has some of the most breath-taking natural scenery in the world. The country has 42 national landmarks and dozens of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Getting a student visa has been simplified, making it quite easy to get into the country once your admission has been confirmed
Top Universities to Study Law in Canada
Canada is home to some of the best known and prestigious universities in the world, with most of them sitting comfortably on top of the highest ranked institutions in the world. Below are a list of the ten best universities to study law in Canada:
- University Of Toronto
- McGill University
- University Of British Columbia
- York University
- Universite’ De Montreal
- University Of Ottawa
- University Of Victoria
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
- Laval University
Admission requirements to study law in Canada for Nigerian Students
Most universities in Canada do not accept candidates fresh from high school or its equivalent into its law programs; you must have studied any other undergraduate course in the university at least two to four years before embarking on a law degree. Once you file your application, you will be mandated to take the admission test, which tests your analytical and logical thinking capabilities.
Fee Requirements to Study Law in Canada
While studying law in Canada can be a life-changing experience, the cost can be prohibitive. Thank goodness, there are scholarship opportunities in their dozens that indigent foreign students can tap into. Costs vary from university to university, with the University of Toronto, for example, charging international students between $26,000-$28,000 per year for undergraduate law studies, while the York University charges around $14,000-$16,000 per year in tuition.
It is best to approach the university you want to study in, either via correspondence or visiting the website, in order to know the full range of their fees.
Canadian Student Visa Requirements for Nigerians
Student visa requirements have been simplified to enable qualified international students find it easier to gain entry into the country for their studies once their admission has been processed. You need to forward the following documents to the Canadian embassy in your home country for processing of your visa once your admission has been confirmed:
- International Passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Letter of acceptance
- Receipts of fees payments
- Scholarship letter (if on scholarship)
- Any relevance correspondence with the university
- Financial documents showing funds sufficiency and ability to take care of yourself while in the country
- Academic records.
Scholarships Available To Study Law in Canada
The good thing about studying in Canada is that almost all the universities offer wide-ranging scholarships to international students who wish to study in the country. You will find a plethora of scholarship offers and opportunities at the website of each of the universities
Duration of Study
It takes between 3-4 years to finish an undergraduate law program in Canada.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.