Study Business Administration in the UK – The United Kingdom is home to some of the best universities and business schools in the European continent, providing high-quality education both for undergraduate and Master’s students from all around the world.
If you are raring to earn either a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, then you need to consider enrolling in any of the prestigious universities in the UK for your business management and administration. This article gives you a comprehensive and timely guide on how to go about applying to study business in the UK.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Advantages and benefits of studying business in the UK
The United Kingdom, or Great Britain boats of a number of world-class universities and business schools, prompting thousands of international students, including Nigerians, to troop to its campuses each year in search of quality education and to update their business qualifications to meet up with the demands of the corporate world. Below are some of the reasons a business degree is ideal for you to acquire in the UK
- There’s a balance between theories and practices.
- The UK has one of the most advanced economies in the world, with an excellent higher education system that caters to both British and international students
- There’s great networking potential to tap into and help in expanding your network in real-life business life
- Thousands of students study business management and other related courses in the UK, making interaction and exchange of ideas across platforms worthwhile.
- You get to learn the English language and immerse yourself in the rich English culture while there
- British business degrees are recognized worldwide
Top Universities to Study Business Administration in the UK
There are dozens of high class, world renowned educational institutions where you can study business in the UK. The list is as follows:
- University of Cambridge.
- University of Oxford.
- UCL (University College London).
- Imperial College London.
- University of Manchester.
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- University of Bristol.
- University of Warwick
Business courses offered in UK universities
For a list of some of the best business courses offered in UK universities, check here: (https://www.bachelorsportal.com/study-options/268927062/entrepreneurship-united-kingdom.html)
For Master’s degree programs in business, a comprehensive list can be found here: (https://www.mastersportal.com/countries/degrees/537362435/master-of-business-administration-in-united-kingdom.html)
Language of study
The UK is the home of the English language, hence English is the language of instruction used in its classrooms for instruction.
Fees and Cost of studying Business Administration in the UK
Tuition fees are a bit expensive in the UK, but this is augmented by the fact that you can easily get scholarships to study both at the undergraduate and masters level.
Depending on the university and the year of study, it costs around £10,000 to £35,000 for undergraduate business degrees in the UK. For postgraduate business courses, it’s around £18,914 per year.
To be on the safe side, it is best you visit the website of the school you will be applying to, in order to get comprehensive and up-to-date information on the current fee structure.
Admission requirements for Nigerian Students
To gain admission to study any business program in a UK university, you must have passed senior secondary certificate examination (WAEC or NECO) with credit grades in the major business-related subjects (Commerce, Accounting, and Economics). Also, you must show proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS) and must be ready for an entrance examination before admission is considered by most universities
For postgraduate or MBA admission, you will be expected to have a minimum of second class upper in your undergraduate degree to be qualified for the Master’s Studies program.
UK Student visa requirements for Nigerian Students
To study in UK as a Nigerian student, you must apply for a student visa. Below are the requirements for visa application:
- Student visa application form
- Letter of acceptance
- Evidence of payments of fees
- Evidence of accommodation
- Proof of sound health (health insurance)
- Clean police report
- Return ticket or resources to ensure that
- Payment of visa fees
- For masters programs: transcripts and certifications of previous education
- For minors: parents’ authorization
Scholarships available to Study Business Administration in the UK
Many UK universities offer scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate students who chose to study in their schools. Check the university’s website online first for their scholarship options, if any, before making an application