Welcome to mitrobe network, here is a complete guide on NIN linking in Nigeria- Every detailed information concerning National Identification Number as well as How to Retrieve, Link Your NIN on MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile without much stress.
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). This National Identification Number (NIN) identifies you for life and is issued to you by NIMC after your possible enrolment into the NIMC database. It is used to match you with your biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication.
Furthermore, it is practically expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all round identification. In recent times and maybe in the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activities including banking transactions.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Recall that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had earlier issued a two-week ultimatum to telecommunication operators to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers; although there is an intervention by the senate to extend it.
In this post we have outlined practical ways of retrieving and linking your National Identification Number (NIN) via the USSD code on the major network operators or through other online platforms.
National Identification Number Registration
For all those still procrastinating and are yet to enroll for the NIMC’s NIN, it is highly pertinent and imperative that you do so in order to meet the set deadline. To get registered;
- visit the online pre-enrolment portal for enrollment forms and guidelines or
- You can download NIMC registration form through this link or
- Walk directly into any NIMC’s enrolment centres nationwide
- You can register through other licensed agents
Note: You need one registration to be issued both the NIMC card and NIN. The 11-digit National Identification Number (NIN) is however not the same thing as the National e-ID Card which is a physical token. The NIN can be used on its own for digital identity verification without the e-ID card.
NIMC Enrolment Centres
There are designated centres nationwide for this NIN enrollment purposes as well as in overseas where you can easily work in to register and enroll for NIN. To find NIMC enrolment Centres near you, visit the NIMC webpage and click on your state or Diaspora location for a comprehensive list of centres across the location.
Possible Requirements for NIN Registration
In order to successfully enroll as an adult, all you have to do is walk into any nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN, if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
NIN Registration Deadline [Updated]
The deadline for NIN registration and linkage to phone lines is April 6, 2021 for everyone.
How to Retrieve NIN Number Using USSD
If you are already enrolled for the National Identification Number, you can follow these steps to check your NIN number on your mobile.
- Open your phone dialler and dial *346#
- Type ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option if you are dialling from the phone number you used in registering you NIN.
- Type ‘2’ to choose NIN Search if you have lost your number, you will be required to input some of your registration details
- Once you have retrieved, congratulations
How to Link Your NIN Number on MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, Glo
You can link your national identification number on these network operators as follows;
Link NIN to MTN:
Mtn users can link their NIN to their line in any of these three ways
- Online registration portal via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- USSD code: Dial *785# or
- Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
Link NIN to AIRTEL:
For Airtel users, to link NIN to your line;
- Visit the online registration link via www.airtel.com.ng/nin
- dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
- If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
Link NIN to 9MOBILE:
To link NIN to your 9mobile line, simply;
- Dial the USSD code *200*8# and follow the prompts to submit your details;
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin to submit online
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
Link NIN to Glo:
To link NIN to your Glo line, you can either;
- Visit the online registration portal via www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to fill your information and link. Or
- Dial *109*yourNIN# (e.g *109*90123456789#) and follow the prompts to submit your details Or
- By SMS – Simply text your 11-digits NIN number to 109 (e.g 90123456789 to 109) and wait for reply.
NIN Retrieval without a Phone Number
In any event that you’ve misplaced your exact phone number (used during the NIN enrollment process) and the temporal NIMC slip, then follow the outlined steps below to retrieve your NIN
- Dial the general retrieval code (*346#) with your current number linked with your BVN
- Try using the NIMC Mobile app – you can get the app at NIMC webpage or on Google Play store
- Go to nimc.gov.ng to print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile
- If none of the above work, then proceed to any NIMC office near you to liaise with an official to help you.
Additional Cation/ Notes
- NIN Code: Please note that the USSD code *346# is the general NIN retrieval code for all network. If you are unable to link your NIN through the methods outlined on this page, then
- You should simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to submit/link your NIN.
- Go with your NIN and SIM pack
- Alternatively, call the customer care line of your service provider.
Kindly bookmark this page and keep visiting for more updated information regarding National Identification Number in Nigeria and all the steps involved to Retrieve, Link Your NIN on MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile.* BEST DEALS & OFFERS*
◊Become an Expert Cryptocurrency Trader and Investor With My Winning Master plan and strategies. Get a 1-7 days Course Live on Zoom with complete mentorship and first hand signals With 30% Off Original Price For Just 100 Slots--CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE