It is no longer news that the Nigerian Government, through the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has mandated users of mobile phones to have their mobile numbers linked to their National Identification Numbers (NINs).
According to NCC’s statement, users of mobile phones in Nigeria are in the risk of having their SIMs blocked for failure to link NINs with phone numbers. Earlier before that, specifically on 15th of December, the NCC released a statement ordering the suspension of new SIM cards registeration and installation by all Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in the country.
As it is now important for every Nigerian with a NIN to have it linked with his/her phone number, this post is here to guide you on how you can easily link your NIN to your phone number on MTN, Glo, Etisalat and Airtel.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Requisites for Linking Your NIN to Your Phone Number
In linking your NIN with your mobile number on MTN, Airtel, Etisalat or Glo, you’ll likely have to provide some details. Before attempting to link any NIN with your phone number, you should note that it’s expected of you to provide only the NIN duly obtained from an accredited NCC office in Nigeria.
In the case that you did NIN registration years ago and cannot recall your NIN as a result, you can retrieve it by dialing the code *346#.
Finally, below are the requisites for linking your NIN to your phone number:
- Your National Identity Number (NIN)
- Your phone number
- Your name (in full)
- Your Date of Birth
- Your email address
Steps for Linking Your NIN to Your Glo Number
Unlike MTN, Glo lets you link your NIN with your Glo number only via a text message. You should follow the steps below to link your NIN to your Glo number:
- Initiate a text message on your mobile phone
- Create the text message in the format “UpdateNIN( )NIN( )First Name( )Last Name”
- For example, “UpdateNIN(space) 12567663198 (space) Saheed (space) Soliu”
- Send the message to 109
Steps for Linking Your NIN to Your MTN Number
MTN lets you link your NIN to your MTN number using any of two methods namely a USSD code and the MTN website.
To link your NIN to your MTN number via a USSD code, follow the steps below:
- Dial the code *785# on your phone
- Supply your 11-digit NIN as required on the subsequent on-screen page
- Following that, you’ll see a pop-up message indicating that “your NIN has been successfully received”
To link your NIN to your MTN number via the MTN website, follow the steps below:
- Open any browser on your phone and visit the link https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- Supply your MTN number in the required field
- Fill in your NIN where necessary
- Provide your email address and then submit
- With the above done, you can rest assured that MTN has received your NIN and connected it with your MTN number
Steps for Linking Your NIN to Your Airtel Number
Airtel, unlike MTN, lets you link your NIN to your Airtel number only via a USSD code. To link your NIN to your Airtel number, follow the steps outlined below:
- Dial the USSD code *121*1# on your phone
- Supply your 11-digit NIN as required on the next on-screen page
- Subsequently, a pop-up message appears and confirms your successful linking of NIN to your Airtel number. You may also get a text message confirming the successful linking
Steps for Linking Your NIN to Your Etisalat Number
Etisalat avails its Nigerian customers the chance of linking NINs to their Etisalat numbers via any of two methods: a USSD code and the 9mobile NIN site.
To link your NIN to your Etisalat number via the USSD code, follow the steps below:
- Dial the code *200*8# on your phone
- Subsequently, input your 11-digit NIN in the appropriate field and send
Alternatively, you can link your NIN to your Etisalat number through the 9mobile NIN site by following the steps below:
- Open any browser on your phone
- Visit the link https://nin.9mobile.com.ng/
- You’ll find a form into which you’re expected to input details
- Enter the necessary details and submit the form to eventually have your NIN linked to your Etisalat SIM
We hope reading this post has helped you link your NIN with your phone number on any of the listed network operators without any hassle.
◊SPONSORED ♦◊ On February 25, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on Cryptocurrency, Crypto Trading Basics with Binance and how to profit massively from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE TO JOIN US
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE
◊Join the Best P2P Crypto Exchange site REMITANO, Get Up to 33% Off remitano.com Deals/Orders --CLICK HERE