For the purpose of watching favourite GoTV channels on Android phones, GoTV provides its subscribers with buyable mobile devices known as Walka and Drifta. If you’re visiting a nearby GoTV outlet for these devices, you can expect to see them in varieties including:
- Walka 7 –this 7-inch screen mobile TV is a GoTV device with audio-visual capability
- Walka 3.5i –this device is the only thing required for viewing GoTV channels on mobile. Meanwhile, Walka 3.5i appears as a portable TV
- iDrifta –described as a TV decoder, iDrifta helps with the reception of DVB-H signals, hence allowing people to watch GoTV channels on their iOS devices
- Drifta USB –this mobile device operates as a TV decoder for the reception of DVB-H signals required for people to watch GoTV channels on PCs and laptops
- Drifta WiFi –this mobile device operates as a TV decoder for the reception (of DVB-H signals) and the conversion of these signals into Wi-Fi signals. This paves the way for people to view GoTV channels on their Wi-Fi-enabled mobile phones
Once you have purchased the GoTV mobile device suitable for your Android phone, subscribe to your preferred GoTV bundle and follow the steps below to set up the device so that you’re able to watch GoTV on your smartphone:
- Power the GoTV mobile device by charging it before use
- To avoid receiving bad signal, check that the device’s antenna is vertically positioned
- Check the rear part of the GoTV device for your CAS number. Notably, the CAS number begins with the digit “4” and it is part of the details you’ll send to 4688 for your device activation
- The other details (to send along with the CAS number) are your phone number and your ACTM number
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
If you’ve ever imagined watching DSTV or GoTV channels on your Android phone, you should be delighted that your imagination has every chance of resolving into reality.
Indisputably, both DSTV and GoTV offer subscribers the chance to watch their favourite DSTV/GoTV channels on mobile devices. But for the subscribers to do this, certain things must be in place and that’s why this article is here to guide you on how to watch DSTV and GoTV on your Android phone.
How to Watch DSTV on an Android Phone
It’s nearly impossible to watch your DSTV channels on Android phones simply because such phones do not feature built-in DVB-H receivers, making them incapable of receiving TV signals. But to bypass this seeming impossibility, DSTV provides customers with the DSTV Mobile Wi-Fi Drifta for receiving TV signals required for the broadcast of DSTV channels via a Wi-Fi connection. With this in place, users of Android phones and tablet computers are then able to watch DSTV channels on the devices.
Quite unfortunately, it isn’t in all Nigerian cities that you can use DSTV Mobile. While you’re expected to be in a supported area before you can make use of DSTV Mobile, below is a list of the Nigerian cities with DSTV Mobile coverage:
- Port Harcourt
Anyone willing to use DSTV Mobile on their Android phone should follow the steps below:
- Visit a nearby DSTV retail unit and purchase the DSTV Mobile Drifta WiFi
- After the purchase, visit Google Play Store for the download of the app Drifta Viewer for Android
- Drifta Viewer supports various Android versions including older versions such as Android 4.2.2, 2.3.3 and 2.2
We hope this informative post has satisfied your search for how to watch DSTV or GoTV channels on your Android phone.
It’s really nice to have favourite DSTV or GoTV channels watchable on your Android phone but particularly for DSTV viewing, you have to be sure your Nigerian location supports DSTV Mobile before attempting to visit a DSTV outlet.
◊SPONSORED ADS♦◊Cure and Knock Staphylococcus & Other Infectious Diseases out from your Body within 3 weeks --CLICK HERE
◊Order Our Ultimate Virtual Soccer Hacks and Secretes to Win 100k Daily --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE
◊Grab My Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE
◊Get All Recruitment Jobs Past Questions and Answers--CLICK HERE