How to Transfer Emails From One Gmail Account to a Different Account
Did you open a new Gmail account? This does not mean that you have to dispose of your older emails, which in most cases, may be important for later use. Of course, it is very much possible to keep and have both accounts. If you keep both Email accounts, you can always visit the old Gmail account to search for emails whenever you need it. Meanwhile, it is best that you save yourself that stress and transfer your emails from your old Gmail account to your new Gmail account and forget about your old Email account. While the process of transferring emails from one Gmail account to another may sound difficult and a hard task, it is rather an easy process. What you only have to do is to understand how the process works and what entails in transferring emails from one Gmail account to another. If you are not able to figure out the steps and process of how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another, we are here to assist you. Of course, it doesn’t matter what devices you have; you can conveniently carry out this procedure on your laptop, a mobile phone or any internet enabled device which can support a good internet browser.
Now let us get the old emails into your new Gmail account.
Preparing your old Gmail account
The first step if you are looking on how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another is to prepare your old Gmail account. The initial thing to carry out is to set up your old Gmail account and prepare it for migration. You can do this by making use of POP settings. POP, in this case, means Post Office Protocol.
The steps to take in preparing your old Gmail account include:
- Log in to your old Gmail account (Do not misplace the password).
- Select the gear icon.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Move to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Beneath “POP Download”, choose to Enable POP for all mail.
- Move to the second area of the same section, which is written: “When messages are accessed with POP”.
- Proceed to click the drop-down menu and choose what you want to occur to the emails in the old Gmail, once the new Gmail account gets them. The copies can be left, marked as archived, deleted, or read.
- Delect on “Save Changes”.
- Lastly, Sign out of the old Gmail account.
Now, the next step to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another requires you to fetch emails with the new Gmail account.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
How to Fetch Emails with the new Gmail account
Go ahead to open your new Gmail account and inform it to bring in all the old email from your old Gmail account. First of all, to get this done, you are required to log in to your new Gmail account. Just like in preparing your old Gmail account, you are also required to click to hit the gear icon.
- Proceed to select “Settings”.
- Look around to locate “Account and Import tab”. Move to open the tab.
- Navigate to “Check mail from other accounts”.
- Choose to “Add a mail account”.
- In this section, you are meant to enter your previous or old Gmail account. Entering your old Gmail account means you should enter the name. Proceed to click on “Next” when you are done entering your old Gmail account.
- Choose “import emails from the other account (POP3)” and select “Next”.
- Ensure the username is not wrong, but correct. Also, you would be prompted to enter the password for your old Gmail account.
- Beneath “POP Server”, choose pop.gmail.com.
- Then choose port 995.
- Proceed to uncheck “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server”.
- After completing that process, check “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when the process of retrieving mail is on”.
- Hit on “Add account”.
- The part it reads “Would you also like to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org?”, you can select what you prefer. However, we recommend that you provide yourself with the choice to do this so that you can be able to respond to your previous emails with the previous Gmail account.
- If you selected yes, adhere to the instructions to finally set it up. If you are done following the instructions, then you have completed the process of transferring your emails from a Gmail account to another.
After completing the process above, the new Gmail account you have opened will proceed to retrieve all your emails from your old Gmail account occasionally. Do not be in a hurry because it is likely to take some time. So relax, take a break and come back to see that all your emails have successfully been transferred from your old Gmail account to your new Gmail account.
Additionally, it is important to stop importing from Gmail to another Gmail account so that the new emails that come into your old Gmail account will not move to your new Gmail account automatically.
Do you want to stop importing from Gmail to another Gmail account?
To perform this task, you are expected to:
- Login to your new Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Move to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Move to “Check mail from other accounts”.
- Select the delete button close to your old Gmail account.
- Choose to confirm, and you have completed the process.
Now you have discovered how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. You can now relax as you would not lose your old emails again.
**Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
** Grab My Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online (Grab your copy #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE
*** Earn $1000 Monthly from Gramfree System CLICK HERE
JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE