HOW TO PREVENT SPAM COMMENTS ON YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Spam comments can be so annoying, sincerely speaking every blogger can relate to that, when your blog seems to start being famous you’ll start seeing spam comments on the comment section.
What is a Spam Comment
From my own definition, I’ll define it as a process by which individuals drops comments including their links (to their blogs/websites) in your blog’s comment section, as a means of Advertisment or promotion for their products, brands, or blogs.
What Does Spam Comments Looks Like?
Have you seen anything familiar like the write up written below on your blog’s comment section? If yes, then that’s how a Spam Comment looks like, check it out below:
“What a great post. I stumbled on your blog, have bookmarked your site, and will be coming back often.” http://guxc.fhhjd.com
“You’ve offered fantastic insight on this subject. Probably the best on the internet.” https:// yandix.cjdjdhddyhdh.com
Dont be deceived to mistake this comment to be a real one, because it’s not.
The spammers uses sweet words to encourage you, and drops their product’s/Brand’s or Blog’s Url as a means of Advertisment, and also to create backlines and domain authority for themselves.
How Do I Spot A Spam Comment On My Blog
This is how to spot spam comments
1. The comment is vague and doesn’t reference anything specific to your posts, this indicates they didn’t even read the post (because they probably haven’t).
2. There is always a link below or Above their comments.
3. They (spam commenters) always post their comments randomly and multiple times on your post.
Having known how to spot a Spam Comments on your blog, how about you know the bad side effects of spam Comments to your blog?
- Spam Comments can bring down your blogs server.
- Spam Comments can delay your Google ranking.
- Spam Comments can Reduce your Google domain Authority.
What do I need to do to stop spam Commenters frim commenting on my blog?
There are two ways to do this,
1. Disable Your comment Section or Comment Box
2. Install and activate Plugin that stops and prevents spam commenters.
If you should go for number 1 that’s a good idea, but as a blogger, seeing comments on our blogs gives us Joy, encourages us and also enables us to interact with our readers, so I think option number 2 should be the best.
Installing and Activating a plugin called “Stop Spammers” is an absolute way of stopping spammers from commenting on your blog, as this plugin is absolutely free, and works Effectively by aggressively stopping and blocking spam Comments.
All you need to do is install and activate the plugin and Relax, let the plugin do it’s work.
So in this very article,I’ll be teaching you guys on how to install & activate this spam stopper plugin.
HERE WE GO
1. Log into your WordPress Account, locating your dashboard, as indicated in the picture below
2. Scroll down to “Plugins” and click on it, as indicated in the picture below
3. After you must have clicked on “Plugins” click on “Add New” as indicated in the picture below
4. Using the search bar, search for Stop Spammers then click on install and Activate, to activate the Plugin.
Congratulations you’ve Activated a Spam stopper plugin, when ever the Plugin stops or prevents a Spam Comments,you’ll be notified on your dashboard, just like in the picture below
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.