Do you want to open a Ghanian/Ghana PayPal account here in Nigeria?It is no news that Nigerian PayPal comes with a lot of restrictions.
If you’re a Nigerian willing to use PayPal at all costs while still bypassing all the restrictions on Nigerian PayPal, it behoves you to try any of the reliable alternatives to Nigerian PayPal.
Luckily, Ghana PayPal comes into the spotlight as one of the best alternatives to Nigerian PayPal.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
In this post, you’ll find out how you can create a Ghana PayPal account and verify it.
PAYPAL NIGERIA –THE BENEFITS AND DISADVANTAGES OF USING PAYPAL IN GHANA
Ghana PayPal needs no introduction as the world’s most popular payment system with statistics proving beyond reason that the payment system is used in many countries of the world.
What Are the Benefits of Using PayPal in Ghana?
PayPal has been labeled, by some Nigerians, as being unfair probably because there are stringent restrictions on Nigerian PayPal accounts. In spite of these restrictions, Nigerian PayPal account holders are able to enjoy some of the benefits characteristic of U.S, South African,Lesotho and even Ghanaian PayPal accounts. Just as applicable to other countries’ PayPal, here are the benefits of Ghana PayPal:
Account creation comes at no cost –you are not charged any service fee for creating a Ghana PayPal account in Nigeria. However, you’ll be charged a relatively trifling amount of money for linking a debit or credit card to your PayPal account.
Possibility of linking multiple cards to your account –this is another benefit which means that PayPal permits you to tie as many as available debit/credit cards to your PayPal account.
No restriction on payments to foreign destinations –although there are a number of stringent restrictions on Nigerian PayPal accounts, PayPal users in Nigeria are allowed to make payment to foreign merchants for services and goods purchased, rendered or shipped to Nigeria.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using PayPal in Nigeria?
Nigerians, unlike the PayPal users in several other countries, encounter restrictions in their use of PayPal. In other words, using PayPal in Nigeria comes with limitations as PayPal denies Nigeria the unlimited access that many other countries enjoy. If you have a paramount need to use PayPal and would like to create a Nigerian PayPal account, you should be well informed about the associated limitations on your PayPal access.
Needless to say, people in the U.S., Canada and many other countries enjoy full access to all of PayPal’s functions but same cannot be said for Nigerians. Some Nigerians have lodged complaints about this, urging PayPal to allow them full access but it doesn’t seem PayPal will accede to their demand anytime soon. Therefore, below are the limitations you should bear in mind before creating a PayPal account in Nigeria:
Zero assurance of account retrieval –this happens to be the chief limitation on a typical Nigerian PayPal account. If you’re using a Nigerian PayPal account, you have to be extremely cautious as it is practically impossible to recover the account in the event of suspension.
You cannot hold more than one account –if you’re opening a PayPal account in Nigeria, you have to be aware of the fact that no one person (in Nigeria) is allowed to hold two or more accounts.
Unavailable to people below 18 –if you’re below 18 years of age, it will be difficult for you to create a PayPal account in Nigeria.
No chance for receiving funds –this is a critical limitation you should bear in mind as PayPal prohibits Nigerians from using its payment platform to receive funds (from other people). Holders of Nigerian PayPal accounts are only allowed to link their credit/debit cards to the accounts in order to pay for goods/services
Steps for Opening a Ghana PayPal Account in Nigeria
- Click the link here to visit the sign-up page for PayPal
- After landing on the sign-up page, hit the Sign Up option at the top of the page
- Subsequently, you should choose the option “business account”. “Business account” is the best (account) type you can choose simply because it enables you to have unrestricted access to all PayPal features
- Tap the continue button in order to proceed with the account creation
- On the next page, you’ll have to input your email address, preferably a new and verified Gmail address. Tap the continue button after supplying the email address (As regards email address, you should consider either a custom email address or a Gmail account)
- Tap the next button after inputting your email address
- The subsequent page contains a number of fields into which you should input your details (personal and business information) as appropriate. For the business name field, you can define any business name whether real or unreal but for the business information area, you’ll have to supply your correct first name and last name as legal names. Below are the various input fields and how you should deal with them:
- Email address –this is the field into which you’ll input the email address (preferably a Gmail address) you’d like to use for the PayPal account creation. Input the email address and your preferred password as required
- Business information –as stated earlier, you should input your real name (first name and last name) in the fields for legal names but for the business name field, you’re free to input any business name regardless of whether it is real, unreal, registered or unregistered.
- The subsequent (Tell us about your business page) is where you’ll provide specific information about your type of business. If you don’t have any business and are not willing to start one, you don’t have to get worried as you can still proceed with the account creation. All you have to do is to choose “individual” and simply specify anything in the (business) category and subcategory fields. For the Business URL field, you don’t have to input any URL except you have a business website. Tap the Continue button to proceed.
- The next (account holder information) page is where you’ll have to verify your identity by uploading an identification document. For the field titled Nationality, input Nigeria and for identity, you should input the details of your national ID or other document you’re submitting as a means of identification. With the details duly supplied, you can hit the Submit
- The next page is where you’re meant to undergo account activation and payment setup. To do all that, you simply have to confirm the email address you supplied earlier by visiting the corresponding email account. You should comply with the instructions for the confirmation. Normally, you’ll find a confirmation link in the mail sent to the email account. Click the link and on the page that emerges, look for the option “Profile” and click it. You’ll find this option just beside the Log out button on the page.
- Clicking the Profile option will trigger two notifications, with the first one requesting that you confirm your email address and the second asking that you link and confirm your debit/credit card.
- Tap the confirm email address notification and then click the option “Unconfirmed” as seen on the subsequent page
- After doing the above, you’ll be taken to a new page. Scroll to Confirm this email address as seen on the page and click it. Subsequently, you’ll receive a mail message in the email account you provided.
- Log into the account again and click the mail message. Doing that will take you to the login page where you’ll have to complete your PayPal account verification. You should input your password in order to log in to the account
- Following the successful email verification, you’ll have to link your debit/credit card to the PayPal account. So, you should input your card details in the required fields and tap the Continue button. After that, you’ll receive a debit alert from your bank. You may get the alert immediately or in a matter of hours. Meanwhile, the word “CODE” will be sent along with the debit alert statement. Take a careful look at the word “CODE” which you’ll find within digits. Carefully note the four digits before the word “CODE” and take it as the code for your account verification. Return to the PayPal account you’re creating and provide the 4-digit code as required for account verification.
Provided that you have followed all the instructions above, you can rest assured that your South Africa PayPal account is ready for sending and receiving funds in Nigeria.
South African PayPal is certain to guarantee you access to those PayPal features you wouldn’t get from Nigerian PayPal. Therefore, you may opt for South African PayPal provided you don’t find Nigerian PayPal any suitable.
◊SPONSORED ♦◊On April 25th 30th, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on understanding cryptocurrency, crypto trading basics with binance and how to profit and make at least $100 daily from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE