HOW TO MAKE AN HOMEMADE ALTERNATIVE PALM WINE – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
In Africa, Expecially in Nigeria Palm wine plays a very important role in traditional celebration and it is always a must have.
Since a lot of us live outside Nigeria and can’t get our hands on it, this could be a close substitute, if you must have it at your event.
I have to make it clear again that, this is a regular palmwine, but a simple method of making alcohol that looks like, smells like and tastes like Palm wine.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
It is made in the same process as the tappedpalm wine, just that instead of fermenting the sweet tasting palm sap with yeast present in the gourd, we will be fermenting sugar cane or sugar with normal baking yeast or brewers yeast.
Ingredients for Palm Wine substitute:
– 200ml cool water (in a plastic bottle)
– 50ml warm water
– 10-12 spoonful sugar or sugar cane )
-10 grams fresh yeast(3 grams dried yeast)
– A balloon(to check fermentation)
– A rubber band( optional)
HOW TO MAKE SOYA BEAN MILK
Palm Wine making Directions :
1. First dissolve the yeast in warm water
2. Add sugar and mix thoroughly
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the bottle containing the cool water, cover with the tap and shake lightly.
4. Remove the bottle cap and place the balloon on the bottle mouth;press the rest of the balloon inside the bottle.Seal the top with rubber band.
5. Store in a dark place for 48 to 72 hours
6. After 48 hours , you will get a whiter solution with bubbles in it and the rest of the balloon you inserted inside,would have risen to the top(inflated).You’ll also see some residue at the bottom.
7. Take off the balloon at the top, cover with bottle cap and shake well.
8. And your homemade Palm wine is readserve
Chill and serve