HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE CAKE – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Who doesn’t like cakes? Ofcourse everyone does, the making of cakes has been in existence many decades ago, cakes are usually made with flour sugar, Browning (if you want to make a brown cake) and fruits (if you want to make a fruit cake), cakes are usually made for occasions, such as wedding, baby shower, celebration of birthday and others, but aside from that one can make cake for him or her self at home, yes you can all it takes is just your time not much time ofcourse.
So if you have been wanting to make your own cakes at home then this article is really for you, before we proceed let’s take a look at the nutrition facts of cakes.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Nutrition facts of cake
|% Daily Value*|
HERE WE GO
Cake Ingredients :
This recipe makes a well risen 10 x 3 inch deep Cake.
– 500 grams( about 4 cups) Plain Flour /All purpose flour
– 500 grams Butter (at room temperature)
– 10 Eggs (at room temperature)
– 350 grams Sugar
– 2 tablespoonful Baking powder
– 2 tablespoonful flavor (coco or vanilla or butterscotch flavor)
– 1 cup Brandy or Rum( optional but most people add it)
– 2 tablespoonful Preservative powder (optional)
– half cup browning(for dark cakes) (optional)
– 1 handful Dry fruits (raisins, cherries) soaked in the alcohol you’ll be using(optional):
- Preservative powder is optional in baking Cake, but it is used by most Bakers to extend the shelf life of the cake. It is best used for wedding and birthday cakes that needs to be preserved or coated with Fondant or icing.
- The alcohol also helps to keep the cake from going stale.
- Browning is used for making dark brown cakes
- Use fruits only if you want to make fruit cakes.
- 1 tablespoonful of Plain Flour is approximately 9 grams
- 1 tablespoon of sugar is approximately 13 grams
- I used oldenburger butter, you can get it all big supermarkets, like shoprite at the fridge section.
A. If you want to make use of fruits, you have to prepare it in advance by soaking the dry fruits in the alcohol for 3 weeks( if you can’t wait that much , a week will be fine).
If you couldn’t prepare it in advance, you can also you can boil it in a pot for 10mins with 2 tablespoonful of sugar and 1 ⁄4 cup water; strain and place in a bowl, then add the alcohol and leave to cool to room temperature and set aside.
B. Prepare the pan by thinly greasing the insides of the pan with butter and then dusting with flour. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
C. Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 150ºC or the 300ºF mark.
1. Sieve/sift the flour, baking powder and preservative(if you’re using any) together in a wide bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl or an electric cake mixer, cream the butter until it is light, fluffy and white, then add the sugar and continue creaming until it goes from grainy to fluffy again.
Tips: The creaming step is very important in making cakes. This helps to trap enough air into the batter and also helps the cake gain additional volume and have a rich texture.
If you’re using an electric cake mixer, use the slow setting, so that the air bubbles can form slowly.
3. Add the eggs one after the other as you continue to cream.
4. Add the flavor, coloring, alcohol and soaked fruits.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture, one cup at a time.
Mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula. The batter should fill the pan half way, if you have left over batter, you can pour it into another smaller pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven (150ºC or the 300ºF) for 1 hour or until the cake is springy to the touch and has started to shrink out from the sides of the pans.
Some oven bake faster, while others are a bit slow, so check your cake after 45 minutes of placing it in the oven, to know if it is ready or needs further baking.
Tip: You can also check for ‘if your cake is done by sticking a skewer into the center of the cake; if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
8. Cool the cakes in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy
◊SPONSORED ♦◊On April 25th 30th, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on understanding cryptocurrency, crypto trading basics with binance and how to profit and make at least $100 daily from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE