HOW TO HIDE YOUR FILES IN YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER SYSTEM – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Privacy is somehow necessary, one needs privacy, sometimes you may need to hide your files or folders on your windows computer from irrelevant people, and you maybe be wondering “HOW DO I DO THIS?”.
Dont worry we are here for you, in today’s article we will tutor you guys on “HOW TO HIDE YOUR FOLDER/FILES IN YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER SYSTEM”
HERE WE GO:
1. Hide Folders
Windows offers an easy way to quickly hide folders from unsuspecting eyes. This method requires that Windows does not show hidden files and folders. So changing this setting is the first step in this approach…
- Open File Explorer (any folder) and go toTools > Folder options…
- Within Folder Options switch to the Viewtab.
- Under Files and Folders find the optionHidden files and folders and select Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Click OK and, with the next few steps, proceed to hiding a folder.
- Right-click the folder you want to hide and select Properties.
- In the General tab check the option called Hidden.
- Go to Advanced… to change Archive and Index attributes; you might want to block indexing of the folder contents.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Once you wish to access your folder, go through folder options to temporarily make hidden folders visible. Obviously, this is a little inconvenient. To take a shortcut and hide or unhide several folders at once, you can use the tool Free Hide Folder. It can hide and unhide selected folders, given the folder options are set to not show hidden files and folders.
Although access to this tool is protected by a password, it does reveal that there are hidden folders somewhere and advanced users will find them with ease.
2. Make Folders Invisible
This method will make your folder invisible, rather than hidden. This means you won’t have to go through folder options to unhide your folder. On the downside, someone may discover your invisible folder by accident. To make an invisible folder, you have to do two things: first remove the folder name and second make the folder icon transparent.
First, hide the folder name:
- Select the questionable folder and click F2.
- Then hold the ALT key while typing the numbers 0160 using the number pad.
- Hit Enter and the folder name should be gone.
Next, you need to make the folder icon invisible:
- Right-click your folder and selectProperties.
- Switch to the Customize tab and click theChange Icon… button.
- Several blank icons can be found in the default Windows 7 icon collection. Find one, select it and click OK.
If the invisible folder sits on your desktop, make sure it’s along the edge of the screen and towards the right side. This will decrease the chance of it being found by chance. Note that anyone can still access the folder, given they find it. For example, clicking CTRL+A will select and highlight all files and folders, including invisible ones.