HOW TO CREATE A PROFESSIONAL CONTACT FORM IN WORDPRESS (STEP BY STEP GUIDE) – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Have you been seeking for a way to create a professional Contact form in your WordPress blog? Your days of findings are over, you’re certainly in the right place, in this very article you’re going to learn how to create a professional Contact form with our step by step tutorial setup analysis for easier understanding.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
What’s A Contact Form?
A contact form is an automated programmed platform setup for contacting an individual or a personnel. Contact forms are popularly used on websites by bloggers. Contact forms are being setup on websites in the contact page for site visitors or readers to find it easy to contact the web Amin in charge.
In creating your contact form, your email address is needed in setting up the platform, and other technical setups may be involved (if need be).
Why Do I Need To Set Up A Contact Form?
Well, You can just enter your email address in your site’s contact page for your site readers or visitors to easily contact you, if need be. But I can assure you that your email address is not secured. Why?. An individual can pick up your email address and starts sending you unsolicited messages to your email address, thereby spamming your email inbox which can be quite annoying.
This is why setting up a contact form is very important, this way, your email address won’t be visible and will be secured from spammers. You can read how to prevent spam Comments on your WordPress blog.
How Do I Setup A Contact Form?
Setting up a contact form in wordpress isn’t really difficult, all you need is to carefully follow our guide and I’m pretty sure you’re gonna successful create yours.
Let’s jump to how to create a professional Contact form in wordpress.
In creating a professional Contact form, you need to install, activate and set up a plugin called Contact Form 7 Plugin.
Contact form 7 Plugin helps you create a professional looking Contact form for your blog, it also comes with lots of amazing features, which will enable you customize your contact form to your own very taste or choice.
How Do I Set Up Contact Form 7 Plugin?
Here We Go.
Step 1: Install and activate Contact Form 7 Plugin. You can learn how to install and activate Plugins in wordpress.
Step 2: After you have successfully installed and activated the Contact form 7 Plugin. Then visit your wordpress dashboard locate the contact form 7 icon, click on it.
Step 3: A new page will be revealed to you, click on Drop-down menu, just as indicated in the image below.
Step 4: A new page will be revealed to you
Here you’re Required to fill in the empty fields appropriately, and click on insert tag.
Here’s what each field means
- Field type – You have Choose whether the field is required to submit the contact form or not.
- Name – Choose the name you want to use in the tag. This name won’t appear to your visitors but makes it easier for you to remember the purpose of the tag.
- Options – Input options available for your visitors using the drop-down menu. Ensure to put one per line.
This makes it easier for your visitors to select each options in the Contact form. If you want your visitors to select multiple options, then check the Allow multiple selections box.
- Id attribute/Class attribute – in this area you can assign a CSS class or id to the field. This is very useful for customized styling. If you’re not really good with codings, you can leave this field empty.
This is how I filled in mine.
After clicking on Insert tag you will see your inputs inserted inside the tags as seen in the image.
Step 5: Edit Email Settings
In this area, you are required fill in the empty field appropriatly by inputting your email address.
Here’s what each field means
- To – The email address where the messages will be sent to. You can leave this as it is.
- From – The Sender of the email. By default, it is set to the name of the person or website using your contact form.
- Subject – Subject name of the email address. You can leave this as it is.
- Additional Headers – When you hit Reply the standard settings sends your response to the email of the person contacting you.
- Message body – The body of the message you will receive.
- Exclude lines with blank mail-tags from output – When you check this, if any of the used tags are empty, the plugin will exclude them from the message.
- Use HTML content type – By default, the message is sent in plain text. Check this box to use HTML instead.
- File Attachments – If your form allows file uploads, the tags for these files belong here. You can also use it to attach files hosted on your server.
- Mail (2) – An additional mail template often used as an autoresponder. Check the box to activate.
Step 6: Edit Messages
In this area, you can edit messages in various situations to your own very choice.
Step 7: Customize Additional Settings
By default, this field is empty. Here you can customize your contact form from limiting the ability for only logged-in people to submit the contact form to setting the form to demo mode for testing purposes.
Step 8: Add Your Contact Form To Your Website.
Now that you’ve finally customize your contact form to your taste, it’s time to add it to your site. First of all you will have to give your contact form a name, just to distinguish it from others incase you create several ones.
When you must have finished customizing your contact form and clicked on Save, a short code will be provided.
Copy the Contact form code, visit the page where you want to add your contact form, then paste the contact form code there and publish. Normally Contact forms are seen in the Contact pages.
When you must have pasted the code in your preferred page and clicked on Publish, this is how your contact form will look like.
Not satisfied with contact form 7 Plugin? You may want to try out WPform builder.
WPform builder Plugin is another amazing form builder you should really consider if you want to create a professional looking Contact form. WPform comes with Amazing features including multiple choice and drop-down options.
Let’s quickly see how to set up WPform.
Step 1: Install and activate WPForm Plugin.
Step 2: Log in to your WordPress dashboard, locate the WPform icon, click on it and click on Add New.
Step 3: A new page will be revealed to you. Click on Simple Contact form.
By default, this is how your contact form will look like, you can click on SAVE and proceed to the next level. But to add drop down options and multiple choice. Then follow my guide.
Step 4: Click on dropdown
Step 5: A new page will be revealed to you. At the left hand side of the page, you have to fill in your contact form options of your choice. Here’s how I filled in mine.
To add more options, click on the plus (+) icon, to remove some options click on the minus (-) icon.
You can also add multiple choice. This will enable your visitors to select multiple options when contacting you using the contact form.
To add multiple choice in your contact form
Click on multiple choice
A new page will be revealed to you, at the left hand side you’ll see the choices given, you can customize it to your own suitable taste, by adding more choices using the plus (+) icon to correspond with the drop down options you entered earlier.
After customizing your contact form to your preferred taste. Click on SAVE.
Step 6: Setting Up Mail Notification
To set up your mail notification click on Settings then click on Notifications
In this very area, you are required to fill in the fields appropriatly, by entering the email address which you would want to receive messages with.
Here’s what each field means.
- Send to email address – The email address which the messages will be sent to.
- Email subject – The subject name of your contact form. You can also leave this field as it is.
- From Name – Name of the person or website where the mail is sent from.
- Reply-To – The email Id where the messages will be sent to, when a user hits Reply.
- Message – Your message field.
Step 7: Edit Your Mail Confirmation.
Click on Confirmation to edit your mail confirmation message to your taste, or you can leave it as it is. Then click on SAVE. To save your settings.
Step 8: Add Your Contact Form To your Website.
After you’re done setting up and customizing your contact form, it’s time to add your contact to your website.
Visit your WordPress dashboard, click on Pages, then select the page which you want to add your contact form. Normally Contact forms are usually seen in contact pages. If you don’t have a contact page on your blog, it’s high time you create one.
When you must have selected your preferred page where you want to add your contact form.
Click on Add Form, to add the WPform id code to your WordPress editor. Then click on Publish.
Congratulations you’re Contact form is ready to use.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.