Smelly underarm is a no no and totally unacceptable. Not only will it increase your self-consciousness but also affect your self-esteem. But you know what? You can take a step to get rid of underarm smells which is the main cause of body odor and that’s exactly what this content is all about.
What Causes Underarm Smells?.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
The cause of underarm smells which is the core contribution to body odor may vary from person to person, but most body odor originates from the apocrine glands a type of sweat gland concentrated in the armpits and groin.
Most of the apocrine glands in the skin are located in the groin, armpits, and around the nipples. In the skin, they usually have an odor. They are scent glands. The apocrine glands are mainly responsible for body odor because the sweat they produce is high in protein, which bacteria can break down easily.
Why Is Lemon Or Lime Effective For Bad Smells?
Curious about this? Don’t worry, your taste of curiosity is about to be quenched.
Lemon or Lime juice are acidic in nature which makes them a great source for treating body odor and under armpit smells
The acidic property of lemon or lime juice helps lower the skin’s pH level, which in turn makes difficult for odor-producing bacteria to survive.
Well, actually many people don’t know this, but lime or lemon can be used to get rid of under arm smells. Limes or lemons are very high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Eating Lime or drinking lemon juice can help improve immunity, improve digestion, help in weight loss, iron absorption, promote healthy skin, and lots more…
Limes or lemon have so many health benefits and it also has many skin benefits too.
How To Get Rid Of Underarm Smells With Lemon Or Lime Juice.
There are two ways to do this.
- Step 1: Divide the lime or lemon into two parts.
- Step 2: Sprinkle some salt on the opened face if the lime or lemon.
- Step 3: Take the lime or lemon and scrub on your underarms.
- Step 4: Scrub for at least 5 minutes on each side.
- Step 5: Leave on for 1 minute.
- Step 6: Use a sponge and soap and scrub the area thoroughly but gently.
- Step 7: Rinse with Luke warm water.
- Step 8: Dry with a soft towel.
- Step 1:Take a piece of lime or lemon, cut into two parts and extract the juice into a small bowl.
- Step 2: In the bowl, add some salt and baking soda into the lime or lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
As baking soda helps absorb moisture from the skin, it can absorb sweat and reduce body odor. Plus, it kills bacteria and works like a natural deodorant.
- Step 3: Dip a cotton ball in the lime or lemon mixture until completely saturated.
- Step 4: Swipe the cotton ball onto your underarms in a circular motion.
- Step 5: Allow the lime or lemon mixture to sit for 2 minutes.
- Step 6: Use soap and water and scrub gently.
- Step 7: Rinse with Luke warm water. Then take your bath afterwards.
You will notice the smell disappear almost immediately.
Lime or lemon juice can also be mixed with other ingredients like olive oil, lemon juice, honey, etc if preferred.
Repeat this procedure once daily and definitely your underarms will be fresh and odor free.
Excessive sweat and poor hygiene can contribute to smelly underarm which automatically results to body odor, therefore, I advise you should keep a good and decent hygiene by ensuring you shave your pubic hairs and take your bath twice daily especially when you involve yourself in activities that could make your sweat alot such as work out/exercise or other strenuous activities.