Having a Skin tag can be very annoying expecially when they grow on visible areas and can reduce one’s self esteem. If you have Skin tags and looking for effective ways to get rid of skin tags, then this article is for you.
What Is Skin Tag?
Skin Tags also known as “acrochordon” are soft, painless, non-cancerous growths that form within the skin fold areas. Skin tags are commonly seen in regions like the head, corner of the nose, upper chest, eyelids, neck, under the breast and armpits.
Skin tags are formed as a result of loosen collagen fibers that are lodged inside thicker areas of the skin and are connected to the skin by a small, thin stalk called a “peduncle”. Just like other common skin conditions like Acne, Skin tags affects both male and female but are common in female largely due to pregnancy and aging. Skin tags are common side effects of pregnancy which becomes obvious in most women after child bearing. However, Skin tags have genetic connection but are highly uncontagious.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Skin tags requires no treatment as they are harmless and painless except when irritated probably by jewelleries, clothings or touching. Skin tags need not be irritated. They can be removed effectively without pains or side effect, especially when you get rid of skin tags at home.
Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Skin Tags At Home.
Home remedies to get rid of skin tags involving shrinking the Skin tags till it falls off. This usually takes time as patience and consistency are the spices of life when it comes to natural remedies. Getting rid of skin tags at home can be effectively done with kitchen products or over-the-counter products. You can try to know the one that works best for you. You can get rid of skin tags within a space of 4-12 weeks. Here are effective ways to get rid of Skin tag at home.
- Tea Tree Oil: this is a miracle oil as it cuts across a number of skin conditions ranging from acne to athlete’s foot and back to Skin tags, Yes! Tea Tree oil. Its packed with antifungal and antiviral properties. Experts consider this oil safe for topical treatment to a number of skin conditions. Note: to be applied only on the affected area. To get rid of skin tags, wash the affected area with a mild soap, dab dry. Using a cotton swab, dip into the bottle of oil and apply directly on the Skin tag. Repeat this every morning till a result is seen, while at night after applying place a band-aid and allow over night. Repeat this till the skin tag shrinks and falls off. This is our most recommended method to get rid of skin tags.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: the acidity in this kitchen found product is considered to be able to break down and shrink skin tags thereby causing it to fall of after a consistent period of usage. Soak a cotton swab in ACV and rub on the skin tag, properly cover with a band-aid. This should be done twice daily for effective result to get rid of skin tag fast.
- Lemon Juice: lemon juice on skin tag? Lemon juice and Apple Cider Vinegar are considered to be around the same pH level and are acidic. Using a cotton ball, apply the lemon juice on Skin tag and allow it to dry. Do same twice daily for maximum result. Over time the lemon juice will help get rid of skin tag.
- Castor oil with Bicarbonate of Soda: form a thick paste using a little quantity of castor oil and baking soda, apply the paste unto the skin tag and allow for 30 mins before rinsing off while at night after applying, allow it to sit over night.
- Garlic: garlic has natural antifungal and antimicrobial properties and a natural remedy for skin tag. The smell can be very repulsive but after a period of consistent usage one will see significant result. Crush 3-4 fresh garlic cloves into paste. Using a cotton ball, apply unto the Skin tag and cover with a band-aid. Repeat every night till result is achieved.
- Banana Peel: sounds ridiculous right? Banana peels for skin tags? Yea i know exactly how that sounds. However, this is an effective way to get rid of skin tag without causing any irritation or pain. Wash the affected area with mild soap and dab complete dry. Cut open the banana, cut through the skin and get a little part of the white skin. Apply it over the skin tag and cover with a band-aid. Repeat this procedure every night till skin tag shrinks and falls off.
Over-the-Counter remedy to get rid of skin tags. These over the counter products have no side effect. HaloDerm Advanced mole and skin tag remover, this product comes in a tube form and TagBand micro skin tag remover. This Tagband device provides a very hygienic way to get rid of skin tags without causing irritation or bleeding.
These are the effective ways to get rid of skin tags. Home remedies to get rid of skin tags are considered the best as it will not irritate the skin or cause bleeding or pain.