Everyone is aware that Netflix gives an endless number of movies and web series to get entertained. But there are a loads of different issues that surfaces while using Netflix which have not bee corrected. One of such issues is that you see a black screen when you try to watch movies or shows on Netflix.
How To Fix Netflix Black Screen
In this article, we are going to resolve this problem of yours where you just see a black screen with no sound when you try to see a movie or web series on Netflix. Majority of folks around the globe use their laptop to watch shows on Netflix.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Also Read – How To Fix Netflix Site error
There are different methods with which you can resolve this problem and each of these methods are mentioned below. Read each of these methods and follow to resolve the problem of black screen.
Cleaning the cache of the browser
One of the methods by which we can fix this problem of black screen on our display while playing shows and movies on Netflix is by cleaning the catch history of the browser. To do so we need to follow these steps if we use Google Chrome as a browser.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Chrome browser and then click on the three dots button at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then you need to click on the history button.
- After that, you need to click on the Clear browsing data button.
- There you will have to select the advanced tab and in that, you need to click on the time range down drop and select all the time.
- After that, you need to uncheck everything and you have to check on the caught image and files.
- Now you need to click on the clear button to clean it.
So this may help you get rid of the problem and after that, you can enjoy Netflix.
Get 100% working Netflix cookies
Cleaning Netflix cookie from the browser
Another method with the help of which we can get rid of this problem is by cleaning the cookies of Netflix from the history of the browser.
To do so we need to go to netflix.com/clearcookies. And then we have to clear the Netflix cookies and after that, you will see that you would be signed out of the Netflix account.
Then you have to input your email address and password to sign in to Netflix and watch movies or web series on it. By doing this you may get rid of the problem.
Get 100% working Free Netflix Accounts
Many times, it might be that the Windows operating system in a laptop is not updated, and because of this, we are not able to use our laptop with its full efficiency.
This may be the reason that your Netflix account is not running properly. To run it properly you need to update the Windows operating system of your device. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows logo key + I button together.
- Then you need to click on the update and security button which will be at the bottom left corner.
- There you will see a new window where you will have to click on the check for updates button.
- After that, you will have to update the windows and once it gets installed, you need to restart your computer and on the browser, you can try Netflix again.
This may resolve the problem of the black screen.
Download Netflix Mod APK
Disabling the antivirus software
The black screen shown on Netflix while streaming any of the shows or web series may be due to the use of an antivirus software.
So to run Netflix, you need to disable or uninstall the antivirus software and after that, restart the computer to run Netflix. This may help us get the problem of the black screen resolved.
If this turns out the reason for the issue, then you should install another antivirus on your computer. But if you insist on using the old anti-virus, then you need to talk to the anti-virus team.
Disabling the Chrome extension
Many people do not know but Chrome extension are very small software programs that customize the browsing experience of a user. With the use of it, anyone can set up Chrome functions according to their need.
But many times it happens that some of the Chrome extensions are the reason for the non-functioning of some website. So it may happen that due to Chrome extension, you might see the Netflix black screen error. Follow these steps to disable the Chrome extension.
- First of all, you need to click on the Google Chrome logo and open it.
- In the search bar, type Chrome://extensions and press enter.
- In the new Windows opened, click on every Blue button to disable any extension listed in the panel there.
- After doing so, close the Chrome browser.
- After that, you need to start the Chrome browser to check whether the Chrome extension is working or not.
- Now enable the installed extension one by one to find which causes the problem, after which you should remove it.
After doing all these things you may be able to run Netflix without any black screen.
Running the browser as administrator
This may be the issue that the browser is not running as administrator and that is why Netflix is showing the black screen while playing or streaming any of the shows or web series. Follow the steps below to run the Chrome browser as an administrator and use Netflix.
- First of all, you need to close all the browsers that you have opened on your laptop.
- After that, right-click on the Chrome browser icon.
- Then click on the run as administrator button.
And by following these steps you may be able to run Netflix very smoothly.
So whenever we see a black screen error on Netflix account longer than usual on a laptop, then we can resolve that problem by following all the steps and methods that have been given above in this article.
As you can see in the above section, by clearing the cache file of Netflix we can resolve this problem. Or by disabling the anti-virus.
Also running the browser as administrator might solve the issue, while more often than not, the updating of Windows is one of the reason many of the websites does not run or show a black screen. So updating Windows is one of the methods by which we can resolve this issue.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.