Yea, Yea, Yea, black soap exfoliates, that’s absolutely right, but how about increasing its exfoliating strength and make it extra powerful? Sounds fascinating right?. Well, I’m a huge fan of black soap, I have been using it since 17 BC, lol. (Don’t mind me), but I’ve been using black soap for way too long – 6-5 years, I guess and black soaps has won a special place in my heart. Infact I now use black soap in almost all my DIY soap makings. Such as glowing black soap, lightening black soap and the rest.
I just love the fact that black soap deeply exfoliates the skin by sloughing off dead skin cells and unclogging skin pore of impurities. I have an oily acne-prone skin, maybe that’s why I love using black soap because my skin produces excess sebum (oil) which can lead to acne break outs if it’s not taken care off.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
But then I thought to myself, “Is there a way to make a extra-powerful exfoliating black soap that can literally micro-peel the skin (just like facial peels does) ?” and boom!! An idea came to me. Guys? It’s really a bright one. Therefore in this content, I’m glad to reveal a DIY method to make an extra-exfoliating black soap to deeply exfoliates dead skin cells sitting on the top layer of the skin, especially those tough areas such as knuckle and elbows.
This extra-exfoliating black soap formula will definitely help micro exfoliate your skin thereby creating a free channel which allows your skincare topicals penetrate deeply into your skin to do their respective jobs. Infact due to the exfoliation effect, it’s gonna literally enhance better absorption of skincare products into the skin for more effectiveness.
Remember when you don’t exfoliate you’re literally wasting your time and your precious (or maybe expensive) skincare products because they won’t be getting deep into the skin dermis to deliver their potentials, having said that, exfoliation is really important in every skincare routine.
So, What Ingredients Are Need To Make This Extra-Exfoliating Black Soap.
We shall be incorporating Alpha hydroxy acids & Beta hydroxy acids (AHAs and BHA).
What’s Alpha Hydroxy Acids?
Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) are a group of plant and animal-derived acids used in a variety of skincare products. As chemical acids they are used to exfoliate the skin. You can find them in chemical peels and other skin exfoliating topicals.
Examples of Alpha hydroxy acids: glycolic acid, lactic acid, tartaric acid, citric acid, malic acid and mandelic acid.
But for the sake of this tutorial you shall be using only glycolic and lactic acid (as these are the most popularly known and used AHAs)
What’s Beta-Hydroxy Acids?
When it comes to Beta-hydroxy acid salicylic acid is the most recognized. Salicylic acid is derived from White willow (Salix alba). Not only does it help the skin shed dead skin cells from the top layer and decreasing redness and swelling (inflammation), but also treats acne as it unclog the hair follicles (pores) of dead skin cells and other pore-clogging impurities and nasties.
How To Make Extra-Exfoliating Black Soap.
- One wrap African black soap.
- 5 Tablespoons Glycolic acid
- 5 Tablespoons Lactic acid.
- 5 Tablespoons Salicylic acid.
- mortar and pestle.
- Step 1: Get your mortar and pestle (ensure its well cleaned)
- Step 2: Unwrap your African black soap, break into pieces or chunks and pour them into the mortar.
- Step 3: Now, start pounding the soap.
- Step 5: While pounding keep adding little water till you get a soft texture of soap. Just like the image below.
- Step 6: Now pour in glycolic acid, lactic acid and salicylic acid in accordance to measurement stated above.
- Step 7: Pound the soap thoroughly to ensure everything is properly mixed or blended together.
- Note: Should in case the soap comes out too soft you can add some chunks or pieces of black soap to thicken the formation to your suitability.
- Step 8: Put your soap into a suitable container convenient for soap usage.
Congratulations, your extra-exfoliating black soap is ready.
Application Of Method.
- Step 1: Wet your face with a warm water.
- Step 2: Apply a thin layer of the extra-exfoliating soap on your face (or the area you want to exfoliate). Rub the soap in a circular motion to make a thick lather-mask.
- Step 3: Leave it on your skin for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: After 5 minutes wash off with warm — not hot –water. Pat your face with a clean towel and follow up with a moisture-rich moisturizer immediately.
This soap should be used once or twice weekly for a start, when your skin must have built tolerance you can increase to 3-4 times weekly or every other day. But pay extra attention to your skin as over-exfoliation is disastrous and can cause damages.
This formula may not be suitable for individuals with sensitive skin due to the increased strength of potency. However, if you think your skin can tolerate it, then us a moisture-rich moisturizer afterwards to rehydrate the skin of lost moisture.
I recommend this soap to be used at night only, before proceeding with other skincare topicals. But if you must use during the day don’t forget to wear your sunscreen (SPF) to protect your skin from the wicked UV rays of the sun.
◊SPONSORED ♦◊On April 25th 30th, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on understanding cryptocurrency, crypto trading basics with binance and how to profit and make at least $100 daily from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name and Company With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE