Welcome to mitrobenetwork, In today’s exam question sections for Junior secondary school students, you will get yourself acquainted with free English Language Exam Question For Junior Secondary School Students.
CLASS: JSS 3 SUBJECT: English Language
Read the following passage and answer the question that follows
The Bermuda triangle also known as Devil’s triangle, is a region of the northwestern Atlantic Ocean in which a number of aircrafts and surface vessels have disappeared in what is said to be circumstances that fall beyond the boundaries of human error or acts of nature. Some of these disappearances have been attributed to the paranormal, a suspension of the law of physics, or activity by extraterrestrial beings by popular culture.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Though a substantial documentation exist showing numerous incidents to have been inaccurately reported or embellished by later authors, and numerous officials agencies have gone on record as stating the number of disappearances to be unexceptional by their estimation, many have remained unexplained despite considerable investigation.
The boundaries of the triangle vary with the author some stating that its shape is akin to a trapezoid covering the straits of Fonda, the Bahamas, and the entire Caribbean Island area east to the Azores, others, add to it the Gulf of Mexico. The more familiar, triangular boundary is most written works has its points somewhere on the Atlantic Coast of Fonda; San Juan, Puerto Rico and the mid Atlantic Island of Bermuda, with most of the accidents concentrated along the southern boundary around the Bahamas and the Fonda straits.
The area is one of the most heavily-sailed shipping lanes in the world, with ships crossing through it daily for ports in the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean islands. Oruise ships are also plentiful, and pleasure craft regularly go back and forth between Fonda and the islands. It is also a heavily flown route for commercial and private aircraft heading towards Fonda, the Caribbean, and south America from the south.
1. What is another name for Bermuda triangle?
2. Where is the location of Bermuda triangle?
3. The disappearance at Bermuda triangle are attributed to________________
4. What varies with the author according to the writer
Underline the adverbs in the following sentences
5. The dog ran excitedly
6. Her writing is quite eligible
7. She comes here frequently
Fill the blank with the “wh” question
8. ________ are you having the party? (a) where (b) why (c) what
Underline the past tense in the sentences below
9. The Governor visited our school last week
Re-writes the sentences changing the verbs underline to present tense form
10. She used to travel to Ghana every holiday
Underline the words with the /u:/ sound
11. (a) Cucumber (b) food (c) round
12. (a) Pool (b) Push (c) pot
Choose the correct conjunction for the sentences
13. The boy________ eat_____ slept (a) either, or (b) neither, nor (c) neither, or
14. You can take_____ water ______ wine (a) either, or (b) neither, nor (c) either, nor
Choose the antonyms of the underlined words
15. The rubbers were apprehended (a) caught (b) release (c) none of the above
16. The group has been in discord for months now (a) have (b) inline (c) harmony
Choose the synonyms of the underlined words
17. She is an intelligent pupil (a) brilliant (b) smart (c) beautify
18. The boy is very strong (a) hard (b) courageous (c) brave
Read the passage carefully and fill the gaps with the options below
An__________ is an essay that explains fully what a thing is or how a thing is done. It describes a_________ how something is repaired or mended.
19. (a) Descriptive essay (b) expository essay (c) Narrative essay
20. (a) Thing (b) product (c) process
Answer question one and all other questions
1. Write a Narrative Essay of How you spent your last holiday
b. Write an Expository Essay on the Effects of television in the modern world
c. Write a letter to an uncle, asking for His help in finding your education
2. Write the antonyms of the following words (i) Celestial (ii) Discord (iii) Cowardice (iv) Persuade (v) Exonerate (vi) Repulsive (vii) Ahen
3. Write out the meaning of the words below (i) Prospective (ii) Celestial (iii) Prologue
Thanks for visiting, sharing is caring. We also have full complete questions on Home Economics Exam Question For Junior Secondary School Students for all classes and as such for complete answers to the above questions, kindly contact us via the contact section.
◊SPONSORED ADS♦◊Cure and Knock Staphylococcus & Other Infectious Diseases out from your Body within 3 weeks --CLICK HERE
◊Order Our Ultimate Virtual Soccer Hacks and Secretes to Win 100k Daily --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE
◊Grab My Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE
◊Get All Recruitment Jobs Past Questions and Answers--CLICK HERE