Seeking for remedy to get rid of varicose veins? Congratulations, you’ve found it. I assume you’ve read so many articles for remedying varicose veins online before bumping on this site. Anyway, congratulations once more, I must commend you for your in-depth research. You earned it.
However, in this content, we aren’t going to be talking about different remedies for varicose veins, because you’re going to learn how to make a DIY cream for varicose veins, that will literally minimize their outward appearance and possibly make them fade away overtime.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
What is Varicose Veins?
In a simple definition, Varicose veins are large, swollen veins that often appear on the legs and feet. They happen when the valves in the veins do not work properly, so the blood does not flow effectively. These veins often looks tiny and twisted, appearing blue or dark purple in colour and also scatterers around like a spider web.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are a common condition caused by weak or damaged vein walls and valves. Varicose veins are caused by malfunctioning valves in your veins that are unable to bring blood back to your heart effectively as they work against gravity. This can happen because of pregnancy, constipation, a tumor, or overweight and obesity.
According to research more than 23 percent of all adults are thought to be affected by varicose veins.
However, in this content, we’ve come up with a detailed-guide on how to make a DIY cream for varicose veins to help lessen and overtime fade their appearance and also stimulate proper blood flow in the veins.
ALSO READ: How To Formulate A DIY Stretch Marks Cream.
Aside from this tutorial, it is always advised to exercise and stretch your legs, especially after a long sitting in the office or a long trip in a car. Always flex your feet frequently as short exercises supports healthy blood circulation.
So, what are the ingredients needed for the preparation of DIY varicose veins cream?
- ½ Cup Sheabutter.
- ½ Cup cocoa butter.
- 5 Tablepoons Vitamin E oil.
- 10 Tablespoons Rosehip oil.
- 10 Tablespoons Argan oil oil.
- 10 Drops Peppermint essential oil.
- Steel or glass bowl.
- Hand or electric mixture.
Before we head straight to the preparation method, let’s know the benefits of these ingredients on varicose veins.
- Sheabutter: Sheabutter is rich in fatty acids and Vitamin A which makes it a very interesting ingredients in fading the appearance of varicose veins. Due it’s richness in fatty acids, vitamins A, and E, Sheabutter improves skin barrier function, stimulates collagen production, improve elasticity, deeply moisturize and nourishes the skin, which in turn helps alleviates varicose veins and reduces their appearance.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is another fascinating ingredient and skin hydrating emollient which is very helpful in treating varicose veins. Just like Sheabutter, Cocoa butter is rich in fatty acids and plant compounds called phytochemicals which is why it intensively hydrates and nourishes the skin. Due to the fat in cocoa butter, it forms a protective barrier over skin to hold in moisture.
- Rosehip oil: Rosehip oil contains vitamin C and vitamin A. It also contains essential fatty acids such as: oleic acid. palmitic acid.
And for the fact this oil contains vitamin A, makes it a very recommendable oil for not just only treating varicose veins but also minimizing skin aging signs as vitamin A helps boosts collagen production (a protein that gives your skin structure and elasticity) thereby enhancing skin’s elasticity and firmness which improve skin barrier function and fade away varicose veins overtime.
Not to mention it also contains vitamin C, — an antioxidants that neutralizes free radicals, repairs damages and aids your skin’s natural regeneration process.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, or tocopherol, a fat-soluble vitamin that serves as a potent antioxidant to reduce the damaging effects of free radicals. It’s richness in fatty acids helps improve skin barrier, smoothen top layer of the skin and also delivers intense hydration and nourishment to the skin which helps to treat varicose veins.
- Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint essential oil contains menthol, which is known to stimulate healthy blood circulation on the skin area applied. Menthol increases blood circulation with a cool and refreshing sensation. That being said, peppermint essential oil will come in handy when preparing DIY cream for varicose veins.
- Vitamin E oil: Just like vitamin C, Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidants which has been used for years to treat varicose veins. Vitamin E will improve circulation and help with vein repair as it helps skin repair damages.
Argan oil is extremely rich in vitamin E, just in case in an event you can’t access Vitamin E oil or capsules you can stick with Argan oil, however, I strongly advice to use both in this formulation to ensure potency and effectiveness.
- Step 1: Melt Sheabutter and cocoa butter using double boiler method. Read our in-depth guide on how to dissolve Skincare ingredients using double-boiler method.
- Step 2: Pour melted butters in a clean glass or steel bowl.
- Note: Don’t use plastic bowl to avoid melting the container due to the heat Intensity.
- Step 3: Add other ingredients in accordance to measurement stated above.
- Step 4: Stir mixture thoroughly till you get a smooth texture or consistency. Use an electric mixer or blender for a more thorough mix to get a creamy fluffy texture.
Should in case you don’t you have an electric mixer or blender you can stir with a hand mixer. Just ensure you stir thoroughly.
Note: Should in case your mixture came out runny, add more Sheabutter or cocoa butter to thicken the mixture.
Congratulations your DIY cream for varicose veins is ready.
Massage the cream on the affected area. Ensure to apply the mixture with a gentle massage for atleast 2-5 minutes.
Repeat application 2 times daily for optimum result.
When To See A Doctor.
If you start experiencing
severe cases such as a varicose vein rupture, severe pains (discomfort) or develop into varicose ulcers on the skin. Please consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!