Welcome to mitrobenetwork, In today’s exam question sections for Junior secondary school students, you will get yourself acquainted with free Basic Technology Exam Question For Junior Secondary School Students.
SUBJECT: Basic Technology CLASS: JSS 1
- _______ makes things happen? (a) computer (b) technology (c) career
- The open knowledge or ideas, skills and procedures for making, doing or using things in specifiable and repeatable ways is refer to as __________ (a) complex (b) simple (c) technology
- Technology can be high level or low level, simple or complex. This statement is ________ (a) true (b) false (c) not correct
- Technology is characterized by ______ certain wise way of making or doing things and ______ (a) scientific ideals and findings (b) open ideals, skills and procedures (c) all the above
- Technology stands still, it does not grow (a) true (b) false (c) none of the above
- Even occurring by chance, which result in injury to people or damage to property is known as ________ (a) incident (b) accident (c) injury
- Which is not a cause of accidents in the workshop (a) unsafe actions (b) failure to use safety devices (c) unsafe conditions
- Which is not an unsafe condition? (a) failure to obey workshop rules and regulations (b) slippery or wet floors (c) absence of safety devices
- Which is a way of preventing accidents in the workshop (a) dressing safety for work (b) working safely with hand tools (c) all the above
- Which is a safety device? (a) fire extinguishers (b) fire alarm (c) all the above
- Which is not a type of fire? (a) mechanical fire (b) electrical fire (c) chemical fire
- Goggles and visors protects the ________ against injury (a) legs (b) nose (c) eyes
- One of these is a type of wood. (a) hardwood (b) all the above (c) softwood
- Mahogany, Obeche, Opepe, oak and Abura are examples of _______ woods. (a) hardwood (b) none of the above (c) softwood
- Ferrous and non-ferrous are types of _________ (a) metal (b) wood (c) silk
- Properties of metal includes all except? (a) hardness (b) luster (c) none of the above
- The slow wearing of metals through chemicals or rusting is known as ______ (a) corrosion (b) conductivity (c) conductor
- Which of the following is not used in making creaminess (a) lime (b) cement (c) clay
- Rubber is used in electrical insulations because it is a poor conductor of electricity (a) true (b) false (c) not always
- The major property which distinguishes ceramics from wood, metal, plastic and rubber is being ________ (a) a good conductor (b) resistance to corrosion (c) brittle
SECTION B – Answer Question three and any other two Questions
1a. List five safety rules which must be applied in a basic technology workshop.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
- Mention three unsafe act which can cause accidents in a workshop
- State five safety measures you should observe when using a machine
2a. How can we prevent accidents in a workshop?
- List three unsafe conditions which can cause accidents in a workshop.
- State five safety measures you should observe when using a hand tool
3a. What is technology?
- State five benefits of technology to the society.
- Identify five things in the environment that are products of technology and state why you chose them.
4a. Define ferrous and non-ferrous metal
- List four examples each of ferrous and non-ferrous metal.
- name three examples each of hardwood and softwood.
5a. What is ceramics and glass?
- State four properties of ceramics.
- List five uses of ceramics.
6a. What is natural rubber and synthetic rubber?
- State three properties of glass.
- List five uses of glass.
Thanks for visiting, sharing is caring. We also have full complete questions on Basic Technology Exam Question For Junior Secondary School Students for all classes and as such for complete answers to the above questions, kindly contact us via the contact section.
Contents on this website should not be Copied,Republished, Reproduced and/or Redistributed either in whole or in part without proper/Adequate permission or acknowledgment. All contents are DMCA Protected. Defaulters will face the penalty immediately if discovered by reporting to Google!
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.